Venue Design by: Rachel O’Toole
The 2nd in the MML installations. The Matcham Theater at the historic Hippodrome Casino in Leicester Square would become Magic Mike Live’s London home.
Here we gutted the existing venue back to the 100 year old brick and steel, then we put it back together. The walls come “Alive” under Philip Gladwell’s lighting choreography; Stage Automation by ARDA Studio; everything moves, as Don Gilmore said, “like a fine Swiss watch”.
My work was to provide, highly detailed, concept models of each part of the venue to those who would eventually need them. From the Acoustic Screen that separates the Venue from the Casino; to the breakdown of the parts for the “Living Wall and the Balcony Handrail. There are many people to thank and more than the few I know…
- Our Architect: Ian Harvey – Harvey Wright Architects
- Scott Bannon, Fola Adefuye and Simon Grimsey: – Project 7 Construction
- Kenneth, Sheila, Andrew, Chris and Ismal – ASME Engineering Ltd. UK
- Bob Jordan and everyone at – Scena Ltd
- Everyone at StageOne – StageOne [MML Live]